On my previous card, featuring the teddy bears from My Favorite Things stamp set Snuggle Bunnies, I really loved the color combination peacock feathers and abandoned coral a lot! So I wanted to do another card with similar colors. Instead of using distress ink, I found some colored card stock and die cut them to create the scene on this card.
The sheep are from My Favorite Things stamp set Ewe are the best. There are so many great stamps on this set, which could be used for various occasions. Birthday, friendship, and valentine to mention a few!
- The background was lightly colored with the distress ink peacock feathers. Then I splashed the card with some turquoise and pink acrylic paint.
- For the cityscape, I used Mama Elephant’s Cityscape die, and cut it from some coral cardstock I purchased at a local craft store.
- The sentiment Happy is from Avery Elle’s stamp set Merriest set and Birthday from Hero Arts Stamp and Cuts Happy set. I stamped the sentiments with black Versafine ink and heat set it with some clear embossing powder from Ranger.
- Copic markers used were R22/ W2/ E00 and E02. I added some clear Wink of Stella, before adding glossy accents glue on the balloon and party hat on one of the sheep. I also addes some white polka dots on the hat with a white gel pen.
- Then with my Marvy liquid applique, I added some ‘wool’ on the sheep to make it look a little realistic. This product is really great for adding snow or dimension on projects.
- After everything was glued down on the card, I finished by adding a frame by My Favorite Things Stitched rectangle scallop frames, die cut from turquoise card stock.
- MFT – Ewe are the best
- MFT – Stitched rectangle scallop frames
- ME – Cityscape die
- Avery Elle – Merriest set
- Hero Arts – Stamp and Cuts Happy set
- Versafine ink – Black onyx
- Wink of Stella – Clear
- Marvy liquid applique
- Copic markers – R22/ W2/ E00 and E02
- Ranger distress ink – Peacock feathers
- Ranger – Clear embossing powder
- Ranger – Glossy accents glue
Most of the products can be found at the online store: Simon Says Stamp
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Have nice day!Loading Likes...