Today I have some shiny cards for you! I played around with some of my embossing folders and used gold, silver and black paper and glitter paper. I wanted to make some fancy and shiny cards for birthday celebrations. We all love and need a little sparkle! 🙂
The cards were very simple to make and required no coloring whatsoever. Most of the products I got from a local craft store, except the dies, sentiments, embossing powders and embossing folders.
- For the backgrounds I just used some black paper. Then I die cut from gold and silver paper, the Stitched rectangle scallop frames from MFT. I used the inside of the frame and not the actual frame.
- Then with a circle die, I made a window in the middle of the paper. I used the Stitched circle scallop frames die on black glitter paper, to frame the circle. For some other cards I used the Stitched arch stax die, on top of the card.
- With the We R Memory Keepers and Taylored expressions’ embossing folders, I created the cool textured backgrounds. The results with the gold and silver paper were just beautiful!
- The sentiments are from Penny Black – Sweet wishes and Stampendous – Friendly phrases, heat set in gold and silver embossing powder.
- MFT – Stitched circle scallop frames
- MFT – Stitched rectangle scallop frames
- MFT – Stitched arch stax
- We R Memory Keepers embossing folder – Gemstone next level
- We R Memory Keepers embossing folder – Geometric next level
- Taylored expressions embossing folder – Birthday
- Penny Black – Sweet wishes
- Silver/Gold/Black paper and glitter paper
- Ranger – Silver & Gold embossing powders
- Sizzix die cutting machine – Big Shot
- Mini Misti Tool
Most of the products can be found at the online store: Simon Says Stamp
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Have a great day! 🙂