Valentine’s day is around the corner so it’s time to make some nice Valentine cards! I used to buy Valentine cards all the time, and now it’s so cool to be able to make my own. 🙂
Looking through my stash, I found this Simon Says Stamp set – Sending Happy Thoughts I had not yet used. It’s a really great stamp set and there are so many possibilities to create cards for friends and family as well. The thought that it might be a one of a kind design, is very appealing. Although many people might have the exact same stamp set, it’s very rare that you’re going to make the exact same design. Unless you are copying someone else. I love the process of creating and figuring out what to make, it’s so fun and relaxing. Sometimes I do look at other people’s card design, but mostly for inspiration and to learn and try techniques.
After thinking a while, I decided I wanted to make a shaker card, and with the shaker elements being mini envelopes.
- I stamped the smallest envelop from the set, on different patterned papers with Versafine onyx black ink. I also stamped it on plain white cardstock and stamped some hearts and colored them with my red Tombow pen.
- For the shaker window, I decided to go with a die from the stitched square scallop frames from MFT. I die cut a square on some grey and white cardstock, then used an embossing folder from Taylored Expressions – Dotted Lattice.
- With my Photo Sleeve Fuse Tool from We R Memory Keepers, I created a pocket for the mini envelopes.
- On a white card base, I used the sentiment Thinking of You from the same stamp set, along with 2 hearts. Stamped with Versafine onyx black and heat set with clear embossing powder. I used some glossy accents on the hearts from Ranger.
- SSS – Sending Happy Thoughts
- MFT – Stitched square scallop frames
- Grey and white cardstock – local craftstore
- Taylored Expressions embossing folder – Dotted Lattice
- Versafine onyx black ink
- Ranger – Clear embossing powder
- Ranger – Glossy accents
- Sizzix die cutting machine – Big Shot
- Mini Misti Tool
- Tombow marker – Red 856
- Bo Bunny paper pad – Whiteout collection
Most of the products can be found at the online store: Simon Says Stamp
Thanks for stopping by my blog!